Thursday, April 30, 2009

just in case you need to know

So I walk into the girls room to put something
away today and one of Lizza's notebooks is
lying open on the floor showing this...
It says, "what to do to get a puppy.
Do it the first time
hang up your stuff."
Is it working you ask? NO
Our dance teacher just had a litter
of black labs and yesterday we "visited"
them. They are only 4 weeks old but my kids
Were soooo in love with them. But I like
her ideas.
I was in charge of preschool this week and
we talked about safety. Every year I have the
police come out and talk and we get to
see the car and McGruff the crime dog comes.
It was a hit except I had Max (this year we
didn't trade) and he was terrified. He was
shaking and sobbing. I went in the kitchen
with him and accidentally turned around
and he saw the reflection of McGruff
and started freaking out again. Even today
in preschool we were talking about calling
911 and if he heard the word police his face
scrunched up and he started whimpering
and saying no police no police. Megan started
barking and he full on lost it. Needless to say not
a fan.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There was an older lady in my ward in PA that had an old flour sack doll. We would go over there quite often and every time Gabe would shriek with fear when he saw that doll. I felt so bad for him then, but it is funny now..

mandy said...

Julie your post brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard. First of all I love Lizza's little note book brainstorming on how to get a puppy--how can you say no? Also, how cute is Max? The poor guy is terrified of unusually large animals--who wouldn’t be scared of a HUGE dog? That is so funny Meg egged him on with a bark.

Cephaloblog said...

We all know my response to unusually large animals http://cephalo-blog.blogspot.com/2009/04/coconut-crab-not-as-delicious-as-you.html. I feel for you Max, it just aint natural.