Sunday, April 5, 2009

catch up time

Where to start. I would like to just make a clean break and start from here and move forward but I can't. I fear the last child has no record of growing up complaints. I do however,see how it can happen now. So I will step back and start from where I left off. come with me. MAX IS 2!!!Our little man turned 2 and we didn't even need the date to tell us that. He has the fun quirks that come with this age. He repeats everything we say and do, he comes up with some pretty funny things to do on his own, and he totally gets everything that is going on. We also have the bipolar mood swings. I don't know who can say that girls are worse than boys emotionally at this point. Max can freak out just as well as the rest. He also throws things as an added bonus and possibly freaks out on you with some kicking and hitting. I sometimes step back and watch and think holy smokes! I don't even have any words to describe it. Bear with me as I do one of my favorite things. Take a trip down memory lane.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: max growing up
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow
I tried to make that painless but I love pictures. Anyway Max is now 2 1/2 he says. But everyone else is quick to remind him he is only 2. Which promptly turns into a debate and usually end in tears when Max hits or pulls the hair of whomever it was that was trying to argue with him. Max is fun. He still loves his daddy and when he leaves in the morning max wails and when he returns Max comes running and yells tackle me! He loves books and will sit and listen as you read them to him. He is always singing. Usually it is songs like High School Musical or some current song but he has a repertoire of primary songs he can belt out too. He loves "shooting hoops" and will do it with anyone who is willing. He makes me laugh everyday with things he tells me to do. I switch babysitting with someone and we watch her little Livie and Max will do anything in the name of Livie. I can say Livie coming over we have to do ____ and he will immediately stop and do it. We are so grateful for our Maxwell. Next spring break. We had a great break. It was so fun to have my kids at home and just be on our schedule. We saw Mands and most of the Wallace clan and manage to do somethings on our own in between. What you may ask well look and see.....
Posted by Picasa
We did artist for a day it was fun. Meg opted out which was fine one less sitting fee.
Last for tonight (I'm tried)
We just got home this evening from conference. Daren and I had decided we wanted to make it a tradition to take our children to conference when they turn 8. Well in October we had just returned from Tahoe so we pushed it back to spring. I was so fun. Abby listened and said she liked being in the same room as the prophet and listening in person. It was fun. We got to spend time with our cousins Tanner, Anika, Brynne, and Aimee too. They met us down there. We also got to see Josh and Natalie and their cats-always a treat and our good friend k-k-k Dirstin. Kirst thanks for driving up to us it was fun to chat. So I think I've covered the basics for a while.
How could I forget the butterflies!
For Christmas we gave Lizza this butterfly house and she sent away for caterpillars which we watched turn into butterflies. It was so fun. One of the best presents I gave this year. So we watched them grow from tiny caterpillars and she released them into the wild
.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the pics and stories. I have to know where you got the butterfly house. I have to get one right away!! That is the best idea ever.

mandy said...

Fantastic job Juls! You covered quite a bit of material.

Cephaloblog said...

Bravo Julie. Bravo. Your update was more than adequate. Just remember to make a mental note to update once a week, then it's not so intimidating. Max is hilarious. It was fun to have you in Utah. The Wyricks loved conference, thanks for the tickets.

Kirst said...

I love the catch ups. I just did the same thing.