Tuesday, April 28, 2009

moving on

I am getting bitter about all the candy that goes along with every holiday. I feel like our house has been full of holiday candy non-stop since Halloween! So I didn't want to do any of that this year. Daren felt they needed some so we compromised. They each got to find 5 plastic eggs. Then we gave them some small gifts i.e. a hula hoop, slinky, truck, and blendie pens. Daren did this scavenger hunt for them to find their baskets with their small gifts in it. He used scripture references to Christ and had them find different things or area's in our house. It was fun and I felt a little bit better about how we recognized this holiday. So in the past week or so we were reading D&C 56 which talks about Ezra Thayre and his refusal to go on a mission. We were talking about being rebellious and what that means why it's not such a good idea, etc. Later in the day I asked Meg to do something and she told me no. Then she stopped and said what's that word.....you know that one word......rebellious. I'm being rebellious right mom? Yes I guess you are. Okay now I know what that word really means but I'm not cleaning that room still. Super Lemuel. Daren and I are getting closer and closer to going to Vietnam and I am getting more and more excited. Our kids, however, are getting more and more nervous. They keep asking how long we'll be gone, if we die where will they go, and how will grandma know what to pack in Abby's lunch. I feel really bad that this is so disruptive for them. Every few years we leave for a week or so (Abby was 5 last time) but now they all care where as before it was going to be a "vacation" for them too. I haven't quite figured out how to settle them down. Lizza has already cried about it thrice (which is one of Abby's new favorite words). So now I feel really bad for my mom (I already felt bad for her) she is going to hear a lot of crying I think. Lastly, it's that time again. I need another enrichment idea. I am no good at this stuff! I have spent weeks cultivating a mock Amazing Race idea but the presidency wants this to be a mother daughter one and I just can't work out all the kinks in my head. So I am looking for ideas again.

0 comments: