Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How could I forget

I had my birthday this month! Yep I am now 30. I cannot believe it. I never ever pretended to be this old when I used to play house growing up. It didn't think I would care and mostly I don't but a couple of days before my birthday I was reading my patriarchal blessing and felt like what the heck have I been doing the last 30 years! Nothing apparently. The good new is I won't be fulfilling my mission here on earth any time soon. The bad news is I'm not getting any younger it's time to kick it into gear. I don't like to draw attention to myself so on my birthday I prefer to lay low. I secretly think I married an accountant for that reason. (just kidding) But my b-days on Apr. 16th the day after taxes. So there's not time to really think about what to do for Julie's birthday. However, Daren doesn't do taxes but if he did..... Anyway this day was full of craziness so I was kind of looking forward to play the we'll get to my birthday later card. Daren had meeting all night and I volunteered in Abby's class to name some of the day's itinerary. Well some friends came and woke me up at 6:00 A.m. and took me to breakfast. It was so fun and they each made sacrifices to be up that early and come celebrate and it meant a lot to me. I really have good friends. Then I had to run to Costco later in the day because we had already gone 1 whole day with no milk or fruit. While I was gone some more friends came over and put balloons and a card with a gift in my house for me. It was so fun to come back to it. It took my a few minutes to figure out what it was and how it got there. But I loved it. Daren left work early brought me home dinner before heading to his meetings. I realized that night as I received 6 texts, opened some cards from the mail, and a answered a few more phone calls that sometimes it feels good to be remembered. I really am blessed to be around so many great people. Thank you to all who love me. If you forgot, thank you because a little to much would push me over the edge and make it uncomfortable for me.

2 comments:

mandy said...

Juls, you are great. Glad you had a happy brithday day :) I am also glad to see an update on your blog :-)

Kirst said...

Lay low on your birthday.Hum?? I think it is because you don't live by me. Sorry I didn't get a call in. I hope you had fun on your trip. I need to find our how it went.