Daren was in a little bit of a panic this summer because we haven't done any camping and it is already the end of July (Oh? I didn't even notice:). So he planned a quick trip for us with his brother Brad and Tifani. We went to Silver Creek Plunge which was about 2 hours from here. It was good. There was a hot spring, nothing comparable to Lava hot springs in south east Idaho but, never the less, a warm body of water to sit in and enjoy. The kids loved it and the shallow end covered more than a quarter of the pool. So we could just sit and watch out kids play. The girls were drawn to 2 things, the nasty bathrooms and the dirt hill across from our campsite. I don't understand what it is about bathrooms but they always always have to use them. I stopped counting after a few hours of how many times I had to frequent the port-a-potty. Someday I will track this but right now is it just so frustrating. Even if I make them all go still 20 minutes later someone has to go so bad and can't hold it another second. Next the dirt hill; they spent the whole 2 days whenever we were in camp climbing that thing and sliding down on their bums. Soooo dirty but they really enjoyed themselves.
To start
things
Max was just filthy I could not stop saying "you are so dirty!" He loved it though.
To start
thingsof he
fell right
on his
head in
the dirt.
no
owie
just
dirt.
We played in the creek
Rode bikes. Since I didn't bring mine Max was kind enough to give me a pump.
Made and ate S'mores
and just got DIRTY. But luckily dirt washes off (after a few baths).
No one got lost or badly hurt so it was a successful trip.
So before we leave I get us all packed and start to feel guilty that I haven't cleaned the turtles tank in a week and a half and it is disgusting. So I clean it "quickly." I say it like that because I just wasn't thinking. Nothing is quick when Max is awake and I am distracted from him. He thought this was a fantastic idea. He kept handing me the turtles stuff SALMONELLA!!! Is all I kept telling him. So I am down to the last thing. Filling it back up. To do this I use a big orange water jug fill it upstairs in the bath tub and carry it down stairs to dump in the tank, 2 or 3 times. So I am filling it for the first time and I think I left the thermometer where Max can reach it! He is going to break it and cut himself and get mercury poisoning all at the same time! Just then I head Lizza yell MOM in her scared panic voice. As I am running downstairs, towel in hand to stop the gushing blood Max lets out a loud cry that had caused him to hold his breath for some time. Then I come into the room....no blood! What happened Max picked the turtle up out of the box and was holding it by its legs, It bit him. Lizza walked in to the turtle clamped down on Max's finger and he was pulling it by the leg trying to get it off. Which he did just as Lizza reached him. He immediately threw the turtle. So at this point I say where the turtle? (great we lost the turtle right before we leave on vacation fantastic that will smell real nice when we get home.) But it was right under the desk upside down in its shell. Traumatic for Lizza and Max and I did hate that turtle again for a good 15 minutes but then it was just funny. Rewriting it makes me laugh all over. He has a sour on his finger and I was again afraid of the Salmonella. But so far so good. So at this point I am thinking this is blog worthy. So here's the picture. It is the best I could get. He wasn't to thrilled about me taking the picture
.
.








2 comments:
Cute !!! I love the new pic's. Tell Daren Hi from us -K-
Juls that is hilarious. NO more turtles for you. LOL
Post a Comment