Next to Christmas this is my favorite holiday and this year didn't disappoint. I am so grateful to live in this free country. We try to impress this on our children how lucky they are but I am pretty sure they don't quite get it, even I don't fully comprehend what we have here. But never the less I am grateful. The National anthem always makes me fight back tears yet I love hearing it and singing along with all the other patriotic music.
This year we went to Driggs Idaho to visit our good friends the Bennetts. It was so fun to just visit but that is not all. We hit the Driggs parade which gave out a whole sack of candy, collected by Abby. Lizza and Meg got to be in the parade because Hal was driving a golf cart in it. So they got to throw suckers. Lizza told me afterwards "now I know whats it's like to be in a parade, I have always always always wanted to be in a parade and now I have. And you know what mom, It's GREAT!" So thanks Hal for fulfilling on of Lizza's many dreams. We went to Jackson for the afternoon and hiked from Jenny's Lake to inspirational point. I think it was 2 miles round trip. Maybe a little more. We had to catch a ferry to take us across the lake to start our hike. It was so beautiful and cool. The kids were troopers. I use that word because on the hike meg asked me what that meant. After I explained it she was giving me examples. Like I am a trooper because I change max's diapers and they stink. Grandma Wallace is a trooper because her leg hurts her and she stills walks. Dads a trooper because he makes money for us to spend. So she's got the meaning of the word down. At one point we were ready to turn around because Max was getting sick of the backpack and the last part was pretty rocky and steep. But Abby convinced us otherwise (sorry Bennetts) and we pressed on. It was fun. We then went back to Driggs for fireworks. They were actually not to bad. It was a good 20 minutes of fire in the sky. Lizza has decided they are scary so she watched from the car. I failed to mention that in Driggs they are so organized that they set the fireworks off at the drive-in and had everyone park in this field of hay behind it. So they were right overhead but you were buried in hay. Fantastic.
Daren got in 2 mountain bike rides, which he loved, to top it off. That part of Idaho is so beautiful. It always takes Daren a few weeks to recover and come to terms with the fact that we can't move there.
the parade
only
half
way
up
the top
of our
hike!
I can't
figure
our what
part of don't
touch the animals
they can't understand.
Meg caught
red handed!




1 comments:
You don't need to worry about hepatitis, maybe rabies. j/k. I am glad you had a good 4th.(God Bless the Day|=. That is a picture, use your imagination. I also have to say that you guys are some crazy hikers. Way to go Wallace family.
Post a Comment