Wednesday, August 6, 2008

boys!?

I love Max lets just get that out there, however I am in for some tough years. I am sure it will all even out once Abby hits 12/13 but for now Max takes the cake. I am also more acutely aware that the Lord gives you only as much as you can handle, hence the 3 girls. I thought (before I had kids of course) that I could totally have a brood of all boys. I have 4 brothers and most of the kids I babysat were boys, but man was I wrong. This kid is just everywhere, it's fun but it's killing me! Just tonight he kept climbing up onto our bricks by the fireplace and jumping. The last time he climbed onto a small suitcase/box I have sitting on one corner and fell off onto the ground. He is just crazy! Tonight while I was cooking our fries to go with our hamburgers he kept telling me hot. It is a cause he has picked up the last few weeks. He warns me all day about the hot oven and hot microwave. So I turn around to get stuff from the fridge he had pulled open the "hot" oven and was standing there pointing at it saying hot, hot, hot. Now while I will admit smart boy lets just review. Abby will be 8 next month(a whole different topic) and she will not open the oven for me out of fear because it is "hot". Max is 1 and already pulls the thing open while it is on! Do they even make child safety oven locks? I'm sure he is not the first to come up with this brilliant idea.
This past weekend we worked really hard in the yard. They kids stayed outside and sort of helped for most of the afternoon, but by 5:00 they were tired of it. So the girls went in and after a while Max was totally red and need some cooling off. So I sent him inside too. I will be the first to admit not smart. But on the one hand he does have 3 older bossy sisters whom I spend all day saying "he's alright put him down", "leave him alone", "let him do it", "HE'S ALRIGHT!" So with the charge to watch Max I felt fairly confident that he would be okay. Daren and I were checking in on them all periodically. Well we apparently went to long between checks (20 mins tops). Here is the result.
The good news is that now I can blame my messy house on Max and not my lack of ability of motivation.
Most Saturdays the girls get up and watch a few cartoons before life gets rolling for the day here at the Wallace's. So this last Saturday the girls were watching their coveted shows Daren was biking, Max as we've all seen running wild, I made Abby and Lizza's beds and put all the cloths away that were on the floor. It may not sound like a lot but seriously Lizza changes at least 5 times a day and for some reason cannot remember to put her cloths where they belong. Anyway I put a heart on their door that said something like this room was touched with love pass it on. So Abby later that day covered my room with sticky notes.
The first one says "your fashionable," the next, "your a queen," etc. I love that girl. She even got Lizza to write one. She was sneaky about the whole thing. It was fun. .
Lastly for the update we had our good friends the Collins family drive thru like a hurricane. They came from Las Vegas had lunch with us and went on their merry way to Black Butte in Oregon. IT was so fun to see them and talk with them. They claim they are stopping by on their way home. My kids don't' fully believe them because they were supposed to spend the night this time around and that didn't happen and we were supposed to go to Roaring Springs (a water park). So if they do I will get better pictures for those of you who know who I am talking about.
Aside from that I will just say I cannot believe it is already August. It makes me so sad to think we only have 3 weeks left of summer before I send my kids off to school. Abby and Lizza with be gone all day and it will be long. I never got used to it last year, it seems. Usually by 3:00 I start checking the clock thinking shouldn't she be home by now. She didn't get home until 4:00.
There are nice times have less kids at home I will readily admit but I still miss them during the day.

2 comments:

wannabee free said...

you have been a busy mommy! and a nice one too. i wouldn t clean my girls room without a lot of yelling.thanks for teaching me a lesson.
cutie cute kids! i can't believe abby's gonna be 8! and meg is 4?!! she should be like 2! :)
-challis

Kirst said...

Ok is that the boy that called me Dirst? Nick is huge! So boys are a handful, but they just like to keep busy and be active. Just you wait, three girls, that is Drama up ahead. I see it every year in my classroom. The boys I can handle the drama girls as I call them, can be out of control. Good Luck.:)