We had such a fun trip to Tahoe City, CA this past week. My brother Aaron got married there. He and Stephanie did a great job planning this all out and making it memorable for everyone. My parents rented a house for everyone to stay it. It was so great it even came stocked with polly pockets and books to read. What more could I ask for? The house was just a 100 yards from some trails that we managed to run on and hike on with Abby, Lizza, and Cousin McKenna to gather pine cones. It was great. We went on 2 other little hikes as well. Emerald Bay you'll see down below the other one we rode a gondola up the ski hill and hiked to a lake and back to the gondola to get back down the mountain. It was so fun to be out all together talking, singing, and joking around. My kids had a great time. Aaron and Stephanie joined us for that hike, which was above and beyond. They had to leave as soon as we were done to drive back to Hanford, CA. Elizabeth stuck to Stephanie like glue. she had to ride up with her and walk with her. They went ahead of us to get back to their car and she was pushing the whole way down to hurry up so she didn't miss Stephanie.
I can't figure out how this post is going to work so things will be jumbled up. Below are random pictures I will explain under each but this post may end up being a few post long so good luck.
We got out and walked around Donner's Pass memorial. You can't really tell how tall this is but up to where the people are (not counting them) is how deep the snow was! The place was about to close so we didn't do much more than walk to this monument and get a few pictures.
On the dock at Emerald Bay. We hiked down a mile to get to this bay area. All the kids did very well. The bummer was we had to hike up a mile to be done with the hike but everyone made it and I don't remember any crying either. Don't quote me on that one I am pretty good at blocking it out now a days.
Mandy, my sister, and I looking down on Emerald Bay.
Daren had a great hike! I don't think he had to do this for very long but still I wouldn't have even offered.
We got out and walked around Donner's Pass memorial. You can't really tell how tall this is but up to where the people are (not counting them) is how deep the snow was! The place was about to close so we didn't do much more than walk to this monument and get a few pictures.





1 comments:
Wow! I didn't know that Aaron was getting married. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.
Post a Comment