We celebrated Daren and Abby's birthdays a few weeks ago and I just haven't had time to get anything posted about it. Now it's old news and all of you have heard about it so I will make this short. Abby tuned 8 and will be getting baptized October 25th. She missed the September baptism because we were in Lake Tahoe at my brothers wedding. It took a little bit of time to work through the angst of that but now she is good. She had a friend party this year which was actually very manageable. I haven't had to do a friend party for several years and I was a little worried about this. Every year I give them the option of doing a special family day where they are in charge or having a friend party. They have chosen the family thing in the past. But she has been talking about this friend birthday party for months. She invited 8 friends plus her sisters and She knew exactly what she wanted to do and it went really well. By this age they are still really sweet to each other and pliable i.e. happy to do what they are told because THERE AT A PARTY!!! We had pizza, played high school musical on the wii, played the candy bar game, painted magnets, decorated cupcakes, and opened presents. It was great. There was a point during it that I was sitting down thinking I have nothing to do right now...weird. It's Daren's day to so the girls all sang to him as well and I got him cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. I planned ahead on their birthdays, at least better than Megs. So I am counting it as a success.


2 comments:
Happy Birthday guys! We love the pictures from the special, special day. We are so excited about the baptism. It is going to be fantastic!
Oh my gosh, I can't believe that Abby is going to be getting baptized. Although, it would make sense since she was born the year I went on my mission and that was 8 years ago.
Post a Comment