Wednesday, May 21, 2008

P90X is killing me

I have been meaning to write for days but haven't made it. So last night was to be the night. The girls were going to bed on time, I made sure of that and I was going to write after P90X of course. Now here's the background. P90X is this intense workout program. I gave it to Daren on our 9th wedding anniversary (may 15th). So we started Mon. with the fitness test to confirm we could handle it. We passed with flying colors except I am currently struggling with pull ups. I should be able to do 1 and I can do 0 unless I have a chair to help me. Anyway Tues. time for the arm work out. this is about 55 min of push ups done in several different styles and pull ups done in different styles. So we muscled through I was dying on the last round of push ups I could only do 3 and it was all I had in me. But we finished we were cheering and didn't have to do this DVD for a week I could handle that, but then it went straight into abs. There were no normal crunches it was crazy stuff. By the time that was done I was sick. I just had to sit there and breath and concentrate on not throwing up. It was hard for Daren don't get me wrong but we finish and he goes and makes himself and smoothie watches a little ESPN hangs out, while I am thinking I am going to throw up seriously I am going to throw up right here on the carpet. Needless to say no blogging last night. Today my arms are hammered. They don't just ache but they are still just worn out I cannot lift max above my head unless I hurl him with momentum. They are weak. So moving on. Lizza was our winner for the week during FHE. She worked really hard this week at being helpful, she got all her obedience beads over to the good side, and she has been very gracious to others, Saying thank you. Next we have dance recital pictures. Abby and Lizza have had a love hate relationship with dance this past semester but finished and loved dancing the recital. I asked Meg if she wanted to dance like her sisters and she told me she doesn't need lessons she already know how to because she is like Genevieve (12 dancing princesses). I asked but wouldn't you like to be up on the stage and wear a pretty costume she said no I just like being down here doing this (she claps and says whoooo). So Meg apparently isn't ready for dance. Max also enjoyed the recital. I have been trying all day to add a video of him dancing to the music at the recital and it is not loading . So someday I will figure out how to do that in a timely manner and you will get video clips. If you have any tips on that please let me know. Also tell me this, is this outfit ridiculous? I had Max in this for Church and Daren came home from his meetings to get us and was like no no way what are you wearing and went and changed him. I think it is cute Daren says defiantly not cute what do you think? Next we have Meg : I love her and listening to what she tells me. Yesterday she brought out a dress she wanted to wear. so we put it on and she said I need a shirt to go underneath it. Meg always wants to wear a dress so through the winter we wore leggings and long sleeve shirts underneath. So I said no your okay it is supposed to be warm today. She says but you can see my breast in this dress. Daren says you don't have any your fine, "yes I do see there right here." So Daren says if you think its immodest than you can wear a shirt underneath it. meg, "no I like it this way, I like immodest." She is the one that will give me a run for the cloths she wears. She has always been the most particular. This is the dress .

6 comments:

wannabee free said...

I think it is a cute outfit ( for Max) but I don't think I"d let him wear it to church.
you're kids are -so cute.
-challis

Lane family said...

I should not have checked your blog today! Dale has been trying to get me to do the stupid P90X for about a month. I'm totally afraid... now I'm extra afraid. My baby turned 1- so I guess it's time! YIKES!

Your kids are adorable! I think Meg's breasts are perfectly covered! :)

Carrie said...

I cannot describe how wonderful it is to hear stories of your kids & fam. You guys are the best & I liked Max's outfit, but my kids also wear sandals to church every week so I'm not a good judge of appropriate. Tell your girls they are beautiful dancers & that I bet Meg is the best at clapping & going woooo. :) Have more kids so we can love them too!

Kirst said...

So I know you followed American Idol. Were you happy with the results. I thought both guys were good and either will do great, but I was an Archuleta fan. Becky and Morgen are P90X owners. I did core synergetics during spring break, I was dying. So I can understand your pain. Congratulations on having a immodest child. I don't know where she gets the idea of showing off her chest. She's a bragger just like her mother. Lol

Brad and Tifani said...

What the!!! Why didn't anyone tell me that you started to blog!!??? I used to check your blog almost daily for a couple of months and there was nothing on there! I love it-- I will be checking more often!!! Okay, Brad told me about that workout thing, you guys are seriously crazy!!! Cute pics of the kids!

Drostan and Jennifer said...

Julie, what a fun blog. That is so funny about Megan. I think it must be the name or something because my Meg definitely has a mind of her own too. lol