Monday, May 12, 2008

catch up

This is starting to look like my journal. So we are playing a little catch up here. First off we decided to post each week who was the gold medal winner for the week. This is something we present in FHE each week. We came up with a family theme (I can't think of the right word) ours is Wallace's Win. Since we are winners we have a gold medal we pass around to the one who did something exceptional/noteworthy that week. Well last week it was Max finally! I am embarrassed to admit this but it was the first time he had slept through the night for the whole week since January! I know I never thought I would have a kid like that but as luck would have it I did. So here is max..... Sorry he is not really into standing still these days this was the best one we got.

So next on the list the bees. Yep bee's. Daren was working in the yard on Saturday and saw this cloud of insects surrounding our tree. He got closer and it was a swarm of bees. They made a hive in our tree. So we were just going to spray them and be done. Daren was a little scared to do it and I wasn't doing it, isn't that Daren's job? So he call an exterminator. He told us they won't kill bees because they are dying at an unusually alarming rate. So he referred him to the national beekeeper association. Who told Daren someone would contact us within 24 hours and come and get the bees. So until then no playing by or climbing in the tree.
Then the weekend. Another great weekend of yard work, picnics and bike rides. Lizza is cruising on her bike (as meg would say) her training wheels are disintegrating beneath her. Abby on the other hand, no cruising. She just cannot handle the stress. she cried pretty much the whole bike ride. I am not sure how to help with this one. So we just keep trying. Sunday we went again and there was only crying for half of it. I walked beside her instead of riding my bike. She has training wheels on still but still thinks she is "tippy". Lastly mothers day. I love mothers day. Daren has done a great job making it enjoyable. I hear of many moms who don't like it because they have expectations that aren't met or they don't feel recognized. Daren is awesome at doing that even when it's not mothers day. But this year my girls are really into the holidays. They had warned me to stay in bed even if I heard noises. So I did what I was told and was just sleeping away. Abby and Lizza made me breakfast (Daren was still in bed) of toast and yogurt. They brought it in on a trey with a glass of water. it was 6:50 am. They woke me with a rendition of Mother dear I love you so. It was great. I was showed with "art" from them all day. I took a picture of all the papers they made me. Then this morning I found 6 more that hadn't been in the picture. they really are fun. Daren made me dinner it was great.
Last of all a picture of meg because one of her gift to me was she "let"me curl her hair for church and didn't even "skeem or cry" about it. Isn't she great? My life is complete.

0 comments: