Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day

Since we don't have much time off this year because Daren changed jobs, we are maximizing what we have. So for the long weekend we went to Portland. I love Oregon. Just driving through all the green makes me smile. It wasn't has bad as a drive as I had envisioned. It took us 7 hours I think to get there. But we survived that part. We went to the OMSI because with our membership to the discovery center we get in there for free. It was lots of fun. We spent almost the entire day there.

Pretending to be squirrels, Max wrestling the dinosaurs, and playing with the balls. This thing kept him busy for a good hour I swear. He loved it. The girls were running around him to all the different exhibits and he was still there.
Meg playing with the water and learning about sound

Sunday we went to church, ironically it was the same church I went to when I lived up there. Kind of fun. It was right next to the temple which is why Daren picked that one to go to I assume. I didn't bother to ask I guess he was in charge of the planning. Afterward it was pouring rain but I love the Portland temple and meg and Lizza wanted to see it so we went over and got out and walked around. It was fun. I love that temple.

Next Daren had found a county fair that was free so we headed over there. It was awesome. It was at Oaks Park, Which I didn't know until we got there again Daren planning me implementing and being happy that is how we divide and conquer. It was so fun. We got ride passes and rode some rides at the park and went rollerskating, which happened to be include with the ride pass. the girls had such a good time. Abby of course was scared of every ride at first but by the end she had done everyone that the others had. Daren didn't feel great that day so I was going on all the rides. I was starting to get sick. The last ride I did I thought I might throw up so that was it for me. But by that time they girls loved the rides and just started going on them alone. there weren't any lines and they went crazy! Meg and Lizza rode the kiddie roller coaster probably 30 times, at least!

So this was the first time on the rockin'tug but I promise Abby went on it with out me several more times.

ROLLER COASTER!!

I know there are a lot of pictures but a picture says a thousand words, right? So then we have the rollerskating. Meg was the best out of everyone. I am not sure if it is because it is her thing or because Daren taught her while I worked with Lizza and Abby cried about being scared and she was going. Who know but she was cute. The all were and Abby said that was one of her favorite parts of the day.

You probably have noticed there aren't pictures of Daren. He was sick pretty much the whole time. I felt bad for him and he was a trooper. He wasn't grouchy he just followed us and would find and place to sit and even took over Max off and on. But I did feel bad for him. The one snag we have with this whole vacation was that is was so short we really were trying to use our time wisely, hence the Sunday activities. Well while I was on one of the rides with Abby she said this is the best Sabbath day ever! It was such a fun day but We could have hung out at our hotel room too and had fun. I don't know how to really justify this one but it was a great day. I need to work on making our "sabbath days" more fun. It usually consist of some go play and let me read the newspaper. Can't you girls play that outside? So if you have any great ideas let me know I am always open for suggestions.

1 comments:

Brad and Tifani said...

It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! That would be a really fun family vacation huh??!! I love the pictures-the girls and Max are so cute!

PS-Thank you in advance for watching our kids for the Temple tomorrow!