Sunday, April 6, 2008

We're back

Well we are trying this again. I love reading other peoples blogs and still haven't figured out how people find time to keep theirs updated so I am not making any promises but I feel responsible to try since I love reading others. We are just finishing up a great weekend of just being together. We worked in the yard together all Saturday afternoon and are getting a little bit closer to being ready to plant. For some reason I am excited about a garden but I am not sure why. I don't know anything that I am doing but it is exciting to think we could get peas and beans and cucumbers and lettuce and watermelon and so forth. I will keep you updated on the growth of the garden.
We loved conference and I will say that just as I was getting tired of keeping everyone entertained and quiet Elder Ballard came on and spoke to me and then President Monson came on and touched my heart and again spoke to me. I love conference and how it makes me feel. I will of course be waking up early again starting tomorrow to make better use of my time and setting new goals or renewing my goals. So Ladies out there what are the interest you are going to pursue? I am not quite sure what my interest should be.
On a different note we are all growing up here. Lizza lost her 4th tooth today! she now officially cannot whistle. She is doing awesome with the reading and it is becoming fun to her, finally!
Abby got a 2-wheeler with no training wheels and is attempting to learn to ride it. I know she say she's 7! But the girl will not try new things and this bike riding is putting her over the edge. I would really like to be able to take the kids on easy bike rides this summer but to do so I need Abby and Lizza riding bikes. I can only pull one bike trailer, right? So I am pushing the riding. Daren has been trying to teach her and it is not going well. He gets so frustrated and cannot understand that she is 7 and can't ride a bike. We have heard the stories of him being 5 riding around the city. So again a new post to look forward to.
Meg is just so fun. she catches me off guard all the time. I never think she is listening to me or paying attention to what I am teaching Abby and Lizza and then Daren of I will ask a question and Meg will answer correctly! She wants me to play barbie, polly pocket, ponies, or princess all day. I can do it for about 20 minutes (which has taken work to get that far) then I just can't do it anymore. I know this will pass and I will miss playing but I just can't do it. I set a watch and don't let myself leave until the watch beeps. She is so fun but she dictates the entire play session. I can only say what she tells me to say. I love her!
Max is just changing. He is right on the verge of walking he stands there and takes a step or two. He is having such a hard time sleeping though. I miss sleep. I haven't had it now in years! He loves to just be roughed up, wrestled, and tickled. His sisters of course love him. They just drag him around I should have a plaque made that says "he is alright just leave him alone, don't pick him up." That is what I say all day to all 3 girls.
As my disclaimer to this I cannot promise this will get any better but I have no idea what i am doing and just adding these pictures has seriously taken me a half hour. This is why I don't do things like this I have floors to mop, dishes to clean, what am I doing?! I apologize if when this finally gets posted it is totally wrong or weird maybe I will eventually learn.

6 comments:

jackieo said...

I wrote a great comment,but it didn't get published. The blog is great. Congrats to Abby (bike), Liza (tooth), Meg (control),Max (steps), Daren (garden), Juls (blog genius).
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Juls, I think you are fantastic. Don't be so hard on yourself. I have a blog that I started in October of 2005 that still has never been posted. I'll update you on when that changes. It is fun to read about all the adventures. Keep it coming! (Do you really think cleaning is more important than blogging? I mean, really?)

Kirst said...

Mom, I read your blog and I think man we are so different. I remember playing doll and you always had the real life ones and me the fake one. I guess that is how life turned out. Yours are really yours and I have mine for 6 hours and then I get rid of them. I am now starting to want to get married and have a family (It has only taken me 10 more years than you). I loved conference, it was phenomenal. I just want to do better because of it.

Kirst said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirst said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Side of Caitlin said...

Juls! I'm so glad you guys have a blog. It will be great to keep up on each other's lives. Your kids are adorable! I hope your bike riding idea works. It would be so fun to take the kids biking in Boise. Jeffrey has a blog with his brother that you can find out about our adventures... nycbros.blogspot.com

Love you!