Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Birthday

I had a great birthday this year, possibly one of my favorites. It started a few days before when Daren surprised me with a computer. I had no clue but it was a great surprise. On the day of he stayed here until around 7:30 A.M. when he finally woke me and went to work. Max has been waking up around 6:00 so it was so nice to sleep in. I didn't even hear Max stir. Abby and Elizabeth got up and saw the house wasn't decorated, which is what I do for them, so Elizabeth distracted me and Abby got to work. She hung some crape paper in the kitchen and a happy birthday sign in my room and made a quick card. It was fun and they were really proud of themselves. As they should be. All 3 girls wanted me to hang my special Happy Birthday sign I made in craft group so we did that together. The were all so sweet to me all day.

I had told Daren I wasn't going to do anything for my birthday (no chores, no cooking, etc.)and I didn't. I played with my kids, read my book when they were occupied and visited with friends as the stopped by. It was such a great day. I just got back on top of the laundry last night (Daren helped me fold all of it) but it was worth it. Daren brought me home some take out from Olive Garden and 4 different slices of cheesecake from the cheesecake factory that we passed around and sampled.
I think one of the best parts of the whole day was that I really felt loved and cared about. So many people did kind things for me, called, sent a note, dropped by, it was really fun. Daren documented the evening well for us and I will post those pictures below.
Abby and Cade my nephew (brad and tifani's son) helping me with the candles.
Some of the things from my friends and family. What a day!
The famous birthday sign! I am quite proud of myself for making it.
Dinner!
Alright enough of the pictures I get it. Thank you for a great day everyone!

1 comments:

Kirst said...

SO Juls sorry I didn't call. I was in an institute thing when it finally clicked it was your birthday. I was on spring break so I wasn't paying attention to the dates. I am glad you had a good one. Your kids sound fabulous.