Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Summer!?

We had such a fun day yesterday. For the first time this year it started to feel like summer! We all were so excited. We had to celebrate so we went on a picnic for lunch to a nearby park. It was fun and as luck would have it the sprinkler were on the grassy part so they all ran through the sprinklers. Then Max and I were burning up and he was tired so went home to continue the fun. we pulled the slip and slide put on the suits and played from 1:30-5:00 outside. Some neighbors came over off and on and we had our friend Madison Bennett for some of the time which made it all the better. Max didn't even realize that there was water he was completely occupied with the balls and bat.
Daren has been telling me since he was born all a boy needs is a ball and I didn't believe him. In fact I haven't bought him one ball. But I am telling you he is a one track mind. If he sees one outside he repeats ball, ball, ball and stares out the window occasionally pounding on it. His favorite right now is basketballs. He just picks it up and drops it to watch it bound he walks all over the yard doing that. He absolutely loves it.
So I read this article in Wonder Time Magazine titled "Where the Boys Are" hilarious! I even had to read it to Daren. For the sake of plagiarism I won't cut and past the whole article but I will add a small part for all to enjoy. "While they sometimes seem to have the emotional range of single-celled organisms, boys can be moved to tears by anything involving a dog. And it's not only boyfriends or husbands who loathe and fear the words, we need to talk. Sons do too. Male humans, in my experience will begin answering questions with monosyllables as soon as they can make disgusting sounds which is almost immediately. Making those disgusting sounds will serve as an endless source of amusement to them and their Friends for at least the next 20 years. Girls can learn from their own experiences and even, occasionally from others. However, if a boys sees a sing that reads Wet Paint, he'll touch the wall to determine it's not a joke and then his friends-standing right behind him- will have to perform the same test with his own finger. You can kiss him every night and sing ...he's still going to make a gun from a toaster waffle and fire it across the table." anyway I found it hilarious. and I must say Oh Boy here we go. We are happy to be a family.
By the way Yesterday weather fantastic, today windy and chilly. No slip and slide today-bummer.

4 comments:

Schoenfelds said...

Wow, your family is growing so much. I remember when you had your first.
We need to keep in touch better. Check out our blog too!

The Wallace Family said...

Here is the internet address to the article Julie was talking about, in case you want to read the whole thing.

http://wondertime.go.com/parent-to-parent/article/where-the-boys-are.html

mandy said...

Juls that article was quite funny :)
You are doing a fantastic job of keeping your blog updated. In fact you are doing such a great job I booked marked it for easy access. Abby, Lizza, and Megan you are all so cute and fun. Max I can't believe how you are growing!!!
Love you all,
Mandy

bkbishopfamily said...

julie, i'm so glad that you found our blog and left a comment. your family is growing and gorgeous! we really must get together, before bennetts leave again...?what are your options? not this weekend for us, barrett has drill, but after that?..and, my cents of style part is next tues from6-8pm come with sarah if you can!