Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thanksgiving

Back at it again. My sister in law Natalie and my youngest brother Josh let us crash their house for thanksgiving. We had such a fun time. (You'll have to check their blog from my links to read their opinion, I haven't dared check.) Natalie is a graphic designer for Making Memories so she gave us all sorts of paper and sticker and paraphernalia to "craft" with. Abby was in heaven and still talks about the paper cutter she had. As a family we went to a BYU basketball game. Max talked about it for a month leading up to thanksgiving. He was so excited which made everybody else excited too. We walked around campus a little and went to the bookstore. Max loved all the fan gear and Abby wanted to go back to the bookstore the next day because "she hardly had time to look around." The cougs won and we had a fun time. The next day Daren and Mark (Mandy's boyfriend) went to the BYU Utah football game. Thank goodness they won. There were a few minutes where I was afraid our trip home was not going to be pleasant. We would be hashing out why BYU fails, but they pulled it out. My brother lives in Bountiful so we went and walked around that temple. Of course we had to hit temple square. I will admit it was a little more crowded than I like but still beautiful. Abby wanted to go to the building with the nativity and the statue I told her we would after we walked around a bit so then we could warm up in there. So we finally make it over there just in time for it to close. We didn't get to see anything inside, I'm lame. So we hurry out to see the live nativity just as we get up to the front so the kids can see they turn out the lights! I was just waiting for the melt downs. It was late Saturday, cold, coming to he end of our vacation, and no one had eaten yet. Much to my dismay everyone kept it together. We went to a restaurant to eat and as we sit down I realize it is 10:00 at night! I was so embarrassed to be out at this "nicer" restaurant with 4 kids 9 and younger at 10:00 at night. I am a lame Mom. Luckily we made it through dinner with no melt downs and straight to bed. I love my family. It was so fun to hang out with my siblings and their spouses and to just play with my kids. My brother has a skate ramp in his garage (probably a mini one) and so Lizza and I went out there a couple of times and rode his skateboard on it. We of course were sitting on our bums. I tried once to stand and I didn't make it far. When I landed it was silent for like 3 seconds then Lizza whispered..."are you okay mom?" So I would like to give a shout out to Josh and Natalie for hosting. It was so much fun and I promise I will never volunteer you guys again.

t

1 comments:

Natalie Ormond said...

We had so much fun too! Julie I didn't realize you rode the mini ramp . . . you are very brave!