I gave up on the blogging idea-like all my other ideas it fizzled out. I am pretty impressed I lasted that long. I had crossed it off my list but I'm back out of guilt to play a quick catch up. I have to at least touch a few things to feel current.
#1. back to school. We have awesome teachers this year whom we love love love. This was the first year I took the girls (Max came out of necessity) truly cloths shopping for back to school. They had so much fun! They tried on every single item we picked and helped decided which would make the cut and which wouldn't. They even stayed with in our budget. It was fun. Max didn't think so and Meg thought the first 30 minutes were fun. Oh well we'll try again next year.
#2. Have no fear we made it to Redfish. We camped at Stanley Lake and my kids absolutely loved it!
Someone Daren works with let us borrow her canoe. He wanted to buy it from her and I kept thinking and saying I don't know why exactly but I don't like canoe's. Then I talked to my Dad after we went and as soon as he started talking I remembered! "That's why I hate canoe's my dad spent years teaching us to strongly dislike them." He was going on and on about how they tip and they're flimsy. We didn't buy the canoe. But my kids loved going out with Daren. This was after we had gotten there and set up the necessities for the night. They had been so excited to go out it didn't matter to them that it was dark.
#3. Daren and Abby's birthday's! Abby had a friend party this year and we did letterboxing in our backyard. It turned out okay. These parties get easier and easier as they get older. She directed the show I didn't have to do any entertaining-fabulous. Daren seems to fade out of the picture on his birthday. I am contemplating moving his birthday to a different week. I only had 2 pictures of him. Sorry Dare.
#4. I finally went to Houston to see Mandy after 4 years of saying "yeah, I need to come and see you." Thanks to Herb and Vicki who came and stayed with my family and Daren who pushed me out the door. It was so much fun. Mandy and Mom don't get upset that this is the only picture. We had a ton of fun and a good fill of shopping but I am trying to do a "quick catch up" so I can't deal with a lot of photos right now. I will throw in that we went to NASA which was so much fun I want to take me kids there. It was fascinating.


We made it through another season of soccer. It is such a love hate relationship for me, I'm not sure how many more seasons we'll do. We have a break in most of our actives right now and it is so nice for everyone, I think.
We made it through Halloween and topped that off with a visit from the Good Witch. Lizza almost revolted on the poor Good Witch this year but she pulled through. They get a book and this year Lizza told me "that is such a ripe off. I don't even like to read that much. So I give her most of my candy and all she give me is a lamo book?" WOW! I didn't even know what to say. Can you say no to the Good Witch in our family? I hadn't considered and opt out. But in the end she put her candy out with the rest of them and was happy with her Tabby the Cat book. It was like Christmas to Abby. She woke up early like 5:30 and asked if she could go out and see what the Good Witch had left for her.
Aren't personalities fun. I am not saying that sarcastically either.








7 comments:
your kids are adorable and Abby looks just like you!
Juls, I love it! You did an incredible job of playing catch up--wow :)
Seriously, I totally need to catch up! Good job. I love hearing about all of it. Keep up the good Mommying!
Hey Julie- you are at New Moon and I am wishing I was there so I am looking at your blog instead. (a close second) So I just thought I would tell you now much I enjoyed seeing your Vietnam trip- I hadn't seen any pics- they are incredible! What an amazing trip. Also, I can't help but comment on the Meg slideshow (I think my fav pic is the snow one, but I loved the dance suit my the campfire and rocking Max also)
I love hearing your down-to-earth thoughts, they are so 'Julie'
Hilarious Julie. Keep up on the blog thing. It is one of my favorite things that Myra does. Here is our blog for you guys to see what is going on with us.
Shawn
michiganquigleys.blogspot.com
Sorry ... forgot to leave the address.
Shawn
Yeah... I did make it on your blog.
Post a Comment