Thursday, December 17, 2009

San Fran

Daren had to go for some training and invited me to come to San Francisco. His Parents, who just watched my kids for 5 days in September came back up and stayed with them so we could both go. It was so much fun. Daren was in training until 5:00 everyday and I came prepared to just lounge and read until he got out for the day. But instead I got a ticket on a hop on hop off tour bus. It made 20 stops and came around every 30 minutes. It was so great. I feel like I saw all the highlights of San Francisco. It was chilly enough that I wore a hat but once I was bundled I was fine to walk around and not be cold.
Best of all we went to Wicked. It was fantastic. We had been casually listening to the music for a few years now but to really understand the story you have to see the musical. There were some songs I had interpreted wrong or some I never quite got until I saw the musical. It was a highlight. We also got to go to this Burmese place for dinner with some old friends. It was Delicious and fun to catch up too.
instead of messing up the pictures and words I will explain each picture up here first then view below.
1. I went to Ghirardelli square (the chocolate place) and had a cup of hot cocoa. Delicious. I haven't had very many cups of hot cocoa that I didn't like, however.
2. Daren and I one evening at Macy's square with the ice skating rink on one side and the decorated Macy's store on the other. Magical isn't it? :)
3. Alcatraz. It was fascinating. Lizza was so excited I got to go there and when I got home that was one of the first things Meg asked me about. Who knew.
4. Lombard street- the crookedest street. I got off my bus and asked which way to walk and the drive said... you don't want to walk to that, in fact you can't walk to that. Get on the trolley it's only $10 and it will take you to the top of the hill. Right I'm going to pay $10 to walk up hill. I just paid you $30 to drive me around for 2 days! I'm not going to lie to you there were parts when I could not get enough oxygen to breath comfortably but it was fun to hike up one of the classic streets.
5. Lastly you have to cross the Golden Gate Bridge right!? I tried to be on the top deck of the double decker bus to fully experience it... it was to cold up there. I stayed long enough to get a picture and then went down below where the heat and roof was.
It was such a fun trip and I'm so happy I got to go.

0 comments: