So we get there and 20 minutes later we start a tour with someone we hired to take us around. We first go on the perfume river, which connects a lot of the historical sites so you can cover them all. I had a hard time understanding our guide and I was so worried about Daren passing out on the boat that I can't tell you much of what he explained to us. We saw bridges, and building new and old, and little water villages like the one below. I was recovering but Daren felt awful. I felt so bad for him. After the river tour we went to the Citadel. It is the imperial city. It's surrounded by canals and covers 2 square miles. It was impressive. Monks still live there today and we saw them walking around. So only royal family could live here at the time it was functioning. It is divided up into different parts and it was specified who could be in the different parts of the citadel. I wanted to know more of how every day life was what they did, who went where, etc. however our tour guide wanted to focus more on dates and empires. The whole time Daren was hanging on for dear life. I thought for sure he would pass out on this 2 1/2 hour tour but he didn't. He was so glad to get back to the hotel. He slept for the next 18 hours.
So I hung out, read, walked the streets, got a massage, had dinner, watched some TV. It was relaxing. But Hue for us glad we went but wasn't our favorite. Though it did give Daren time to recover.
do we look hammered? We are. This is right
off the boat at Perfume River.
In the Citadel
the Entry way into the Citadel
in the Citadel
Some kind of fruit that grows all over here.
Our guide told us what it was, I just can't
remember.
at the entry of the citadel
Perfume river.


0 comments:
Post a Comment