So we actually flew into Danang and drove to Hue. We had read and saw this show on the travel channel which both raved about driving the Hai Van pass and not missing the scenery. We thought that sounded fun so we rented a driver to take us. I don't know what I was thinking because I get car sick and I did. Daren already wasn't feeling well when we first started for the day. He was dehydrated and pretty sick for the next 24 hours. So anyway we get in the car and I am trying positive reinforcement. I feel fine. Distraction. Wow look at the scenery it's incredible. Then I accept that it's not working and I put on these acupuncture bracelets. Still not helping. So I pull out this peppermint oil my mom had given me(she swears it cures nausea). I'm wearing the bracelets, sniffing the oil, deep breathing and talking out loud to myself saying your not going to throw up. You okay. You'll be fine. Meanwhile Daren looks half dead with his eyes closed head back sweating. I'm sure the drive thought we were the craziest couple he has ever had to transport. We both fell like junk. So we get to the top and he is all excited and encouraging us to go look around. I'm all shaky and Daren is weak and can hardly walk. We were happy to make it to Hue with out throwing up or passing out. Next time we'll take the tunnel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
This story cracks me up! It reminds me of driving the roads in Mexico where I would have to pull over every seventy kilometers to throw up. Take that travel channel!
Post a Comment