Sunday, September 7, 2008

September

Holy Cow summer ended so quickly for us and now we are into the thick of school and fall life. We had a great summer to end it, we went to Twin Falls and went through the temple open house. Its was really fun for our girls to see the inside. They were fascinated.
Then the week before school started I went to education week at BYU with some friends and Daren was left all alone to hold down the fort. He did well. There were a few mishaps but everyone is still alive and happy. We (meaning he really) had a lot going on that week that he had to handle and he worked Monday and Wednesday so others had to watch our kids those days. The girls started soccer practice that week and they had meet your teacher night which he had to attend. Since I missed both of those I feel so out of it. I have introduced myself to both teachers but haven't really gotten to talk to either of them and I can't recognize Abby's soccer team because I haven't been to any practices. Daren is the assistant coach so I haven't been to any. Lizza's, I just went to for the first time this week so now I know what they look like sort of.
We went to our first soccer games yesterday-no tears which is an improvement. I think they both had fun and now I know what we can practice at home this week.
I think Lizza likes school. She is one you can never be to sure about. She also is changing her mind constantly. But she is adjusting to all day school and the melt downs have gotten smaller and fewer. It really is a long day.

Abby of course loves her teacher and knows the name of everyone in her class. She starts the challenge program (which is like the gifted and talented program they just don't call it that anymore here) tomorrow. She is nervous because it is something new but a little excited too. She keeps asking me to tell her how it is all going to happen. She needs the whole picture painted for her always to know what to expect.

Meg enjoys the time with out her sisters. She tells me "it is so nice because then she doesn't have to fight with them about this is hers or let me play." I enjoy the time with her but she wants me to play all day. When I try to do something else she just lays on the floor by me and keeps asking are you done yet mom? Can we play now mom? I feel bad for her so then I get roped into playing again. I don't know how much more of pony's and Polly pocket princesses I can play. Luckily I am starting her preschool this week and she starts dance too. So she will have things to do.

Max is Max. Wild and crazy. He is becoming a talker more and more. He repeats anything you say to him. He is officially 18 months today! Which means nursery here we come!

3 comments:

mandy said...

Abby and LIzza look so grown up! Those first day of shcool pics look familular--mom had some good ideas for documenting us :)

Unknown said...

I love the pictures. We are struggling with the long day as well--school starts here at 7:45 and the bus passes at 6:45. Consequently I drive them to school everyday. Getting up before six o'clock is something I am not willing to do to get my kids on the bus. Sage does okay but Gabe is what we like to call "extra emotional".
On a different note, I'm so pleased they changed the title of the program to what it currently is. I think it fits better. It is not that the other kids are not gifted and talented it is just that everyone has different things that challenge them and we should pursue those things.
Keep up the great posts!

Kirst said...

SO you are telling me that you were in Utah and I didn't even get a phone call from you? How rude. I know it was my first week of school, but you could have called. Juls, I am very disappointed in you.