First off WHOOO for BYU. Daren went down to the game with his brothers and Parents. I do enjoy watching some of BYU football but I cannot just sit and do nothing else for the entire game. Maybe it's because I know I will be watching highlights all week so I will catch all the good stuff anyway and Daren can give me a descriptive play by play if I need it. I love it about him. Anyway for his sake mostly, I was hoping they would win so he wouldn't come home all mad and feel like he wasted a perfectly good weekend. But I wasn't asking for a blow-out. It was 52-0 I believe. I did turn it on and watched a little of it. Daren isn't home yet so I could have the score wrong. If so I am sure he will correct me. Mean while while he was gone we have basically been doing soccer. Abby had practice last night (straight through dinner-definatly planned by a man i.e. the coach) 5:45-6:45 Friday night, lovely. So we all went and had a picnic. After wards I needed some ice cream to recover from the wet grass, grouchy Max, and crazy girls. So we headed to Dairy Queen for a little. Today we had 3 games. Abby had one at 12:00, which ment we started getting ready around 11:00 which is right when we finished our chores for the day. Then Both she and Lizza had a game a 2:00. So Meg, Max, and I just ran back and forth between the two games. All the games are played on a soccer field complex is the good news. The girls were so much better this week. After last week Daren was like I don't know if I can do this. This meaning watch his girls dink around on the field and shy away from any ball that may come close to them. After a week of pep talks from both of us, and some reverse pschology they did much better. We told them all week how fast both of them were and they could get to the ball first and kick it. Lizza is convinced she is the fastest runner alive and she ran and ran today! She runs and flicks her hair and adds a little jump in there every couple of steps but she is fast. By the end of the game she was drenched in sweat. It was dripping down her face and she was estatic. she made 4 goals. ( I dont' care about the goals but the girls tell me Dad says they matter.) Abby did so much better too. After the first game where she would get to the ball and then kind of stick her leg out to kick but cringe her body (if you can picture that-basically just mad kicking) I talked to her about following the ball after she kicks it to make sure it gets to a teammate or to the goal. She did it! We also told her about guarding someone on the other team and she was on that girl like glue. At one point the other coach (which was the referee for the half) walked his player around Abby because she wouldn't let her have an inch. We still have things to work on but it was fun. I find myself yelling things like get the ball , find the ball, Follow it Abby or Liz. Then I think what am I doing? She can't hear me and now I sound like one of those psycho parents yelling at their kids on the sidelines. It sucks you in I tell you. Tonight Abby was telling me about her friend Bret who has a stepmom. She said "I just feel so bad for him I don't know when his parents got divorced but he's had this step mom for a while now how awful." I suggested maybe his mom died. "Yeah maybe...hopefully because if they got divorced that would be wrose for Bret. Atleast if she is dead he would know he could see her again and she is happy and in heaven-but divorced that would be the worst." I personally think there would nothing worse than your mom dying she disagrees-intersting. Mental note never, never divorce Daren because it would destroy Abby-just die.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We are kind of having some soccer issues with Gabe. He LOVES to play, LOVES to be in the game, and he chases the ball up and down the field but lacks the nerve to get in the mix and kick it. He got kicked by a kid on his team that left a huge mark and bruise and ever since he is much more tentative. It is driving Benji CRAZY! We have another game tonight. I'll keep you posted.
Juls you are officially a soccer mom :-) Megan and Max sound like troopers! Good for Abby and Lizza for getting after that ball!
Oh my drama with the girls. Doesn't watching the girls play take you back to our soccer day. I know you are thinking about that ugly picture that you stole from me. yuck. Anyway, Abby must feel bad for a lot of kids and their parental situations.
How is Daren surviving after the loss? I hope good.
Post a Comment