This post I think is okay but I still find myself running down Cloverdale (our busy street behind us) wondering how did this happen? How did I get here? We got a dog!!!!! Now I'm not a very vocal person and so you may not know my stance on animals. However if you have followed this blog long enough you read about the turtle and that didn't go well. I don't really like animals. Deep down I did think my kids needed a dog. I remember feeling really sad for my friends who couldn't' have animals growing up. But I hadn't dug that deep yet into the reservoir of my soul. However, Daren had. Little tip here-don't' read Where the Red Fern Grows with your family. I think this is how it all started. That was at least a year ago. So the seed was planted in Daren's heart and possibly mine a little. My kids were already sprouting at that point. Recently Daren brought it up to me and started casually looking around and sending me links or telling me about a certain dog. I thought I had a solid argument that we couldn't' even discuss a dog until we had a fence. That usually put the kibosh on dog talk. But pretty soon I was looking a little too. Then Daren called me and he found an older dog on Craig's list for free! Soon we were visiting her and walking her. Then before we knew it we were picking her up (in our VAN)-I'm pretty sure I swore I would never let a dog in my car. Then she slept inside our house that night(I know I swore that would never happen) and now I'm a full fledged dog owner. She is 7 years old and very well behaved. Daren and I recanted on the sleeping inside mumbo jumbo. We just couldn't take it. She had been an inside dog mainly but she's adjusting. She is really good with my kids and they absolutely l-O-v-E her. I don't think a dog teaches kids responsibility (that argument was made up by some kid and circulated) but it does teach them to think about someone other than themselves right? They will go outside and just hang out with her. Lizza will do her homework after school on the swing set next to Ellie. That is sweet. So I think I'm glad we got a dog- I think.
You'll notice in the pictures that there is no fence. I have no idea how that happened. However, I am happy to report Daren worked so hard ALL day last Saturday and put in our fence! He is the best.


3 comments:
Good blogging Juls, you really caught us all up to speed. Seeing all those pictures make me miss you guys even more! I am still looking for plane tickets and hopfully will see you all soon. I can't believe you have a dog--it needed to happen, but I thought the day would never come.
Cute dong. I am excited to see it.
Wow! I AM surprised you guys got a dog! Congratulations :) That is fun. Thanks for your comment the other day... you are so thoughtful!! It was fun to catch up on your family! Lizza cracks me up with "fashionable" so cute!
Post a Comment