So I told Daren he needed to write this on here but he is watching basketball and I don't care for the NBA that much. So I will try to give it justice. In my head I am sure it is a lot funnier than it will be on paper.
Earlier this week I had a baby shower to go to. So Daren took everyone to run some errands with him. I personally think he is crazy to venture out after dinner and after Max's bedtime for sure and coming close to the girls bedtime but who am I to stop him. I don't have to be there. I do warn him every now and then about it but he does fine. This might change things though. Anyway So they were at Sportsman's Warehouse. Meg has to go to the bathroom. You knew that was coming right? Really can you ever go anywhere without having to visit at least one public restroom. Usually for me it is 3 separate times because they "don't have to go" until the last one just went 5 minutes ago and we just made it back to our spot in the store. Anyway I 'm not bitter just stating the facts of shopping with kids. So They take her to the bathroom. (I'm already laughing). Meg refuses to go. Again a very common thing. She is terrified of the automatic toilets one of her many many frights. One time one flushed on her and it's never been the same. Usually I have to hold her on the toilet and she cries but pees. I am talking soothingly and reassuringly the whole time she just won't do it on her own, usually. So I am told Daren is trying to talk her into it, threatening her and nothing works. So they leave the bathroom -I'm sure disgusted. They go to buy their stuff and meg pees right there at the check out place. I can just see it all in my mind. He tells the guy my daughter just had an accident right here. They are kind and say sir don't worry we'll clean this up. Daren yells "girls go get some paper towels now hurry!"(this part is being told by Lizza) So Abby and Lizza go to get towels and he starts wiping up. The guy says don't worry about it we will just clean it up with a mop. So they leave. Daren is FURIOUS! (Still being told by Lizza) he is reviewing with meg where to go to the bathroom. Once in the car Lizza tells him to stop being loud. He is just going to hurt her feelings. She knows and yelling doesn't make it better. Yep she is lucky to have older sisters! I can just picture the whole scene and all I can say is Happy Fathers Day!
We love you Daren. You are the best Dad around.
On a lighter note we had a great weekend of just being home. It was finally warm (mid 80's) so Lizza (on her own) set up the blow up kiddie pool in the back yard. They pretty much lived in it Friday afternoon and Saturday. Abby had a birthday party Saturday afternoon, which she was so excited about, because she has been invited to 5 this school year and all have been on Sundays so she didn't go. Anyway she got her first sunburn. I feel bad. I sent sunblock with her but didn't pre-apply because we were coming from a morning ward activity. So she didn't put any on and now her shoulders are red. Not bright red but red.
Max doesn't like to get into the pool but he likes to throw anything he can into the pool (i.e. shoes, balls, shovels, what ever.)

I love this age. They all want to hlep and Max is no differnt. Everytime I bring out my sweep/vac Max is right there trying to take it away from me. So we pulled out the toy vacume. Lizza got this from christmas from Grandma and Grandpa Wallace when she was almost 2. It has served us well. He goes for it everytime I pull out mine. He won't use it unless the noise is on. But what a guy hopefully the desire will stick.
I went to a local garden/pet store place this weekend to get propane actually and asked about feeding turtles. Our turtle has only eaten tuna and sometimes the dry food if it is soaked in tuna juice and sandwiched between serving of tuna. The guy was like yeah I would stay away from tuna it has a very high mercury count. So instead we get to feed it mill worms! I bought 20 brought them home and it ate 8. It was so disgusting. You just drop one in and it snaps it and chomps. I know this is random and you don't want details on the turtle but this is my vent today, sorry. So now every 2-3 days we have to feed it as many worms as it can eat in 3 minutes. The first time I just turned the baggie upside down and one fell out. But they are stored in a Tupperware container so I don't know who will do this the next feeding. I'm not touching those things. Maybe this will be when Daren gets in on the care of the turtle.
I remembered on more eventful thing for us. We finally got a back splash! we have lived here almost 2 years (end of July) and never got around to it. I couldn't have picked it with out my mom's help. The options are endless and I was totally overwhelmed but It looks really good and I cannot believe we waited so long. 




4 comments:
Oh my goodness that pee story is hilarious! I think Drostan would have been mortified. lol
The backsplash looks great!
Dads think that they can do anything. In most venues I think that maybe true. It sounds like Daren meet his match that fateful night. When nature calls... Backsplash. Backsplash. Julie has a backsplash (which Carrie loves).
So it's been awhile since I have read. I missed the last two. And I am not going to say it. But I am going to say. "I don't have a family, she thinks because I am not married that I don't have a family" LoL. You know I was dying while reading and thinking of that very moment. LOL
SOOO funny ane true! Hope it's ok that I'm reading your blog guys, just found it thru Daren's facebook. We're expecting our first girl in Sept (after 3 boys), it's like we're identical hand twins but...opposite... ha. You have a beautiful family!
Post a Comment