
Meg has been asking me to get her pink tulips from costco for months now. Every time we went there (which is unfortunately to often) she would ask. So Aunt Mandy asked me to get some for her. So we went and they didn't have tulips. So these were her 2nd favorite.

It's official Meg is getting big. She turned 4 this week and reminded us repeatedly that she could do things now that she was 4 that she couldn't do before when she was 3. Such as, buckle herself in the car, say the prayer by herself, open the garage door. The girl is growing up. She has also started riding a bike, with training wheels of course (we are Wallace's and you've read in earlier post how successful we are at riding bikes). *Funny thing about the cake picture. It was from Costco and had a princess and frog on it. She was so excited. she was standing on her chair trying to reach the cake she wanted and hand out pieces. Daren and I were both starting to say Sit down when she fell on her cake! she squashed the frog and a part at the top. She started bawling. She couldn't pull her self together until Daren started joking that most princesses don't drop and elbow on their frog prince. She started laughing and retold the story about how she karate dropped on the frog on her cake.
I think I did finally learn my lesson about birthdays though. It seems that birthdays sneak up on me. I don't really start thinking about them until a week before and I don't take action until just a few days before. Which is how it went this time. So I had no clue what to get her. So I went to target to just look and find something. I'm lame I know. It took 1 1/2 hours to pick something and when she unwrapped everything I was remained how easy she is to please. She would have been happy with this little fur-real dog that growls and barks when you play tug a war with it. I got that at target in April on clearance for $6. I let Abby buy it from me to give to her and she loved it. I didn't need to by the $25 barbie and horse that I also got her. She likes it and plays with it but she loves that dog. So I am vowing right now (and this is written down so I can't go back on it) that I will look ahead for birthdays and be prepared from now on. No more impulse birthday gifts!
Anyway, here is our tribute to Meg. She can be so sweet and unselfish. Usually if someone wants something she has she gives it to them. She has done this since she was a baby. So sweet. She has always been my laid back girl, she has a stubborn streak in her but if those flags aren't flying she is just happy to be alive. She loves to "play" with me. Which consists of telling me exactly what to say and where to be with my Polly pocket/my little pony/barbie. She is also very smart. I will ask Abby and Lizza a question and she will answer it. You don't even think she is paying attention because she's in her own world of make believe but she is there. She wears a dress at least 5 days out of 7 regardless of the weather. Best of all she loves us and tells us all so frequently.
Here are some random pictures of Meg what would we do without her?
So after the birthday bash, which is still going on we have one more with Grandma and Grandpa Wallace, we also celebrated the last day of school. YAHOOO!!

We had a good year but I am excited to have my children back. We started our summer program of "taking care of ourselves" today and I am excited. We have had an action pack week full of birthday parties lots of cake and ice cream, Grandma's cousins, and not enough sleep. So tonight they were in bed by 7:50 reading in their beds. But working up to that point we were doing baths and clean up. It never goes well and tonight here was the result.

Yep Lizza got whipped by a fake pearl necklace that promptly got thrown away. If you use it as a weapon it's gone. You can see the round marks from each pearl across her cheek. We were exhausted and out of control! So on that note I am sure this post is jumping all over the place and spellcheck is picking up some words it doesn't even have suggestions for, which all means I need to go to bed.






5 comments:
Happy Birthday Meg!!! You looks so pretty and happy in your pictures.
Tell Meg Happy Birthday from Natalie and Josh!
Juls, You are too hard on yourself with the birthday planning. I love your birthday sign and the balloon wreath. Did you make the wreath? I hope it was a wonderful day!
Looks like so much fun! What a big girl!
I can't believe she is that old. Has it really been that long? It seems like just yesterday! Wow!
I am glad I found your blog too. I love to see the pictures of the kids and hear how you guys are doing.
Post a Comment