Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Disneyland

Okay I am way behind surprise surprise. We went to Disneyland the week before Thanksgiving and it was incredible! First we drove, which I was a little nervous about but everyone did really well. We made it there and back with out a complete melt down by anyone. I think that means success. So on our first day there we had only been in the park for a little while when Meg got picked as a winner in their year of a million dreams. There are several gifts given away each day and it is picked totally randomly. It is a certain ride,time, seat, and seat position. Meg happened to be in it! I was with my mom waiting in line to see Tinker Bell at the time. Daren called me just as we were getting to the front and told me Megan won something and I needed to meet them. I was a little annoyed because I had just waited 20 minutes in line. So I asked is this worth getting out of line for? Daren had already asked the dream team member who picked Meg. She said YES! So they took us into this little office on main street and showed us a short video which said we won a night at the dream suite in Disneyland! We couldn't believe it. So they had us meet them a while later (after Daren had gone to our hotel and gotten an overnight bag) in a "special" parking lot. We got into one of their cars and they drove us around back stage and we entered though some side door into Disneyland. We met Queenie our "neighbor" and there was a band and they gave us all noise makers to be a part of the band. After that we got a tour of the suite. It is a 2200 square foot suite with a court yard. It was incredible. Completely magical. Inside there was a fire place that was digital and little sparks would fly out every once in a while and turn into a firework. Every hour when the clock struck a picture appeared on the face of the clock and something magical happened in the room. there was a good night button in each bedroom. We could push it 3 times in each room and when we did magic happened. In one room this train that looks encased come to life and travels around the room. As is passes things they come alive as well. In the other room when you push it the room turns in to a jungle. There were jungle sounds and images projected. A picture over the bed changes and mermaids appear. In the master bath the bathtub was huge and encased like a cathedral. When you push a button classical music plays, the lights dim, and Mickey mouse appears in stars above your head. The closet in that room is almost the size of my kids bedrooms at home! So after the tour they sent us to dinner at the blue bayou. We each had $75 dollars to spend. We didn't use it. We tried, we order extra desserts for the light show but we didn't make it. Then we were in a parade where they announced us as the winners of the dream suite. After which we hurried back to see the light show which was right in front of us. Before it started they shined a spotlight on us announcing us again. So then after the park closed they took us on a after hour tour. We weren't allowed to take pictures because there were trucks, landscapers, and cleaning crews all over. It was crazy. But we got to learn some of the inside info about Disneyland. So that night they locked us in our suite, there was a concierge right out side in a little office whom we could call anytime for hot chocolate, juice, water, or fruit. By the time we left had like 7 random half drunk cups of cocoa laying around. She just had to pick up the phone and ask for it and they brought it. She ordered for everyone all night. In the morning we got to go to the rides before it officially opened. We were the first ones on peter pan so we got to go twice. Then they treated us to breakfast with the characters. It was fun and delicious. As we were bid farewell we were reminded that we had dream fast passes. Anyone can get a fast pass but those give you a time to return. Our passes sent us directly to the front of the line. It wasn't even busy enough to have to use those is another great part of the vacation. It was such a wonderful time for our whole family. My girls were absolutely mesmerized by all of it. It was magical as far as they are concerned. My brother and sister in law and their 2 boys live in Mesa (which is 20 minutes from Disneyland). So we got to spend time with them as well. We went to the beach on one of the evening. The weather was fantastic the entire time we were there. There is a pictures of meg running from a wave in her swimming suite. Funny thing is we has an identical picture of Abby doing the same thing on a beach in California when she was that age. 4 year olds don't care about the tempature they just want to play in the water! I am sure I left out things and Honestly I tried to slim down the photos-sorry. Watch what you dare. Maybe I'll remember more after a good nights sleep.

4 comments:

Lori said...

That is pretty unbelievable. What a fun trip.

Diesta said...

Love all the new pic's, glad you are doing well. Tell the fam hello.

Lane family said...

K- seriously... stuff like that doesn't actually happen! That is so cool- and your kids are the absolute perfect age for that. I'm glad you had fun!

Serenity said...

Ok, I tried to comment forever ago, but my compute froze, then I was going to talk to you about it last night, but I forgot... So I'll comment now. That is unreal! Wow, that is just the coolest thing I have ever heard!!!! I can't think of better people for that to happen to. The rooms look AMAZING! How fun! Glad your trip went well!